Sunday, July 13, 2008

Not any pix today, but a sort of request.

I'm taking some medications which have turned me into a vampire -- I can't go out in the sun for any prolonged amount of time. So I spent the afternoon watching old movies on Turner Classic Movies, and have utterly fallen in love with some of the costumes from a bunch of Lucille Ball films (saw trailer clips for them) and the Jack Lemmon/Tony Curtis/Marilyn Monroe film "Some Like it Hot". The hats, ohmigawd, the hats... and the black, fur trimmed outfit Marilyn wore when she is first seen, getting onto the train-- actually all of her costumes are pretty nice.

So, if any of my creative, patient, more industrious, more ambitious buddies are willing to take a stab at them... I'd be happy to disperse many Lindens in their general direction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After your post came up, I spent some time looking at pictures of Marilyn and Lucille. I can't promise anything yet, but they are lovely outfits. I suspect, if I do attempt to make something à la Ball ou Monroe, it'll be something inspired by the look rather than painstakingly copied. Sounds fun, though.